I started this blog to record my experiments/adventures in the land of urban agriculture. It is growing into a garden consutation business. I will be happy to advise, plan, install and maintain (or any combination thereof) a garden for you. Contact me for more information at lknzfarm@gmail.com or 678-427-3101, or message me at Elkins Farm and Garden on FB.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Oh! That's Irrigating

My soaker hose is leaking (make all the cracks you want). I'm not surprised, I only paid $1 a piece for 2-50' hoses. I've taken care of leaks at the connections but there is a tear or two in each of the hoses. The trick is these bad boys are flat when not under pressure so it might be tough to fix with the standard hose clamp.

Well, that is what I'll be up to tonight probably. In the mean time I have found a 50' piece of "normal" soaker hose that is not compromised. This length will be put into emergency use till I can fix one or both of the "flat" soakers.

I have a sprinkler but that will be an absolute last resort. Sprinklers waste a hefty bit of water, especially the dryer the air is. They are not the most accurate method of water dispersal and shooting water through dry air, some of it is going to evaporate.

No comments:

Post a Comment