I started this blog to record my experiments/adventures in the land of urban agriculture. It is growing into a garden consutation business. I will be happy to advise, plan, install and maintain (or any combination thereof) a garden for you. Contact me for more information at lknzfarm@gmail.com or 678-427-3101, or message me at Elkins Farm and Garden on FB.

Friday, October 12, 2012

Pass It On

Pearce and I made some butter this morning. I wanted to see if pasteurization did anything weird to the cream. It doesn't, really, the color is off, and maybe taste, but it works.

We salted it this time. The ratio was 1 tsp salt to a pint of cream. Kristi will have to give a judgement on the amount when I thaw it out.

I froze the butter before I realized I didn't have the flour I need to make my home made baking mix. I freeze the butter so I can grate it instead of cutting it in to the mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment