I started this blog to record my experiments/adventures in the land of urban agriculture. It is growing into a garden consutation business. I will be happy to advise, plan, install and maintain (or any combination thereof) a garden for you. Contact me for more information at lknzfarm@gmail.com or 678-427-3101, or message me at Elkins Farm and Garden on FB.

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Kristi is Going to Butter Us Up

Kathy, she works with Kristi, is our milk supplier and has now gotten Kristi into the homemade bug. She gave Kristi a gallon of completely unskimmed milk. Back up a little. When Kathy sends milk home with Kristi she has typically skimmed the cream off the top to make butter. This time she didn't. Not only did we get all of the cream Kathy gave Kristi the directions for making butter.

WOOHOO!!!

I guess I'll be making my yogurt with blue-john this week. I like all this homemade stuff we got going. Laundry detergent, yogurt, BUTTER, and more to come no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment