I started this blog to record my experiments/adventures in the land of urban agriculture. It is growing into a garden consutation business. I will be happy to advise, plan, install and maintain (or any combination thereof) a garden for you. Contact me for more information at lknzfarm@gmail.com or 678-427-3101, or message me at Elkins Farm and Garden on FB.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Cool Jelly

Wild hare tonight. I made jelly from store bought juice.
All it takes is 11 ounces of frozen juice (I used grape), 4.5 cups of sugar, 3.5 tbsp (1 3/4 ounces) of pectin, and 3 cups of water. Put it all in a pot, boil and stir, boil and stir. Jar it all up, and boil it in a water bath.
Then as Aunt Shirley says, "... take the jars out of the water, tighten the lids, dry off your jars & let them cool that way." She sits her's on a folded towel or something like that to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment